Job Role: Head Of Operations
Location: Lagos Island
Salary: To be discussed based on experience and value
Reports to: Chief Operations Officer
Our client, an investment and security company is looking to hire an Operations head who will be responsible for overseeing the effective operating procedures across all operational units of the company. Other responsibilities include designing policies, overseeing customer service and implementing technology solutions. You should be a responsible leader with an analytical and strategic mind and have a broad knowledge of the Stockbroking or Financial Services sector.
• Manage the day-to-day operations of the Brokerage Operations Team to ensure it functions effectively and efficiently
• Lead the team in providing comprehensive operations support to the whole Brokerage Division including account creation, transfer and maintenance, ensuring that all documentation is correctly prepared and filed, reconciliations, settlement of daily for local shares, processing expenditures and administration support.
• Lead the Operations team in the implementation of the new Brokerage systems.
• Lead the Operations team in automating current Brokerage systems.
• Manage the Brokerage Operations Team within the agreed business plan and budget requirements.
• Oversee the implementation of systems to measure the performance of the individual team’s members against budget and pre set performance measurement criteria (including KPIs).
• Ensure that all compliance requirements relating to KYC and Client funds are met at all times.
• Ensure that the appropriate personnel are in place to deliver the short and long terms goals set for the Brokerage Operations Team and provide direction, coaching, training and motivation to these staff.
• Update the Brokerage Operations Team policies and procedures to conform to international best practice and to ensure that all staff are aware of the context in which to carry out their day-today duties.
• 3 – 5 years experience in Brokerage Operations in an e-trading environment.
• Good working and implementation knowledge of the Brokerage systems involving e-trading.
• First degree in any discipline
• 3 – 5 year relevant experience in Operations in a stock broking firm
• Professional Membership in related field is an added advantage