Job Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Salary Budget: N500k – N700k Monthly Net
Our client, a leading microfinance bank, is looking to hire a competent professional for the Head of Human Resources role. The incumbent will be responsible for shaping and implementing the organization’s HR strategy in talent acquisition, Organization Design & Development, Talent & Performance Management, Compensation & Benefits, and Learning & Development. Also, provide direction and advice on best practices, ensuring efficient and focused support services in the unit and ensuring the company meets regulatory best practices.
- Oversee the talent acquisition function by developing and implementing a recruitment strategy, comprehensive recruitment campaign planning and digital employment marketing
- Support the development and implementation of integrated and effective talent management programmes and processes in line with the needs of the organization and best practices
- Employee Engagement – Develop overall engagement strategy/plan using employee feedback (e.g. employee surveys, town halls, etc.) Lead complex employee relations issues.
- Ensure Compensation and Benefits programs meet best practices, comply with all regulatory requirements, and are cost-effective
- Develop a consistent Compensation and Benefits philosophy in line with the work culture and organisational objectives and ensure that compensation practices are in compliance with relevant legislation (Labour Law, Pension Act, NHF Act, ECA, Personal Income Tax, etc.).
- Develop, advise and implement Compensation and Benefits programmes and framework needed to position the organisation to successfully achieve its growth strategy
- Oversee payroll processes and ensure compliance with all process and regulatory requirements
- Design an organisation-wide strategy and plans to meet learning and development needs, and manage training delivery, measurement, and follow-up as necessary
- Design training courses and programmes necessary to meet training needs, where applicable manage this activity via external providers
- Create effective learning solutions and leverage programs and existing resources throughout the organization
- Work with business and function leaders at all levels in the organisation to develop and implement courses and curriculum to meet ongoing needs of employee groups based on analysis of requirements and ensuring program sustainability over time
- Oversee the implementation of an organisation-wide Competency Framework and carry out assessments within good and specified timelines.
- Design, develop and implement corporate and functional/behavioural competency frameworks aligned with Company’s strategy
- Responsible for all HR policies, coordinating and ensuring all HR applicable policies are in place – i.e. Employee Handbook, Performance Management, Secondment, Benefits in Kind etc.
- Undertake research in best practice policies and develop applicable policies as necessary
- A BS/BA degree from an accredited college/university; MBA or MA/MS in human resources or related field preferred.
- A minimum of 10 years of HR experience, with at least five years of management HR experience
- CIPM or CIPD or related HR qualification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Thorough knowledge of employment-related laws and regulations.
- Knowledge of and experience with varied human resource information systems.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.