Job Title: Head, Credit and Risk Management
Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Our client, an established microfinance bank is looking to hire a Head, Credit and Risk Management (CRM) who will determine customers’ creditworthiness, Analyze financial data to assess the likelihood of a borrower honouring their financial obligations and ensure a healthy Loan Portfolio at Risk of 2.5%.
- Assess the creditworthiness of existing or prospective clients
- Examine financial transactions and credit history case by case (applications, statements, balance sheets, legal documents etc.)
- Complete ratio, trend and cash flow analyses and create projections
- Deliver a multidimensional perspective on the investment outlook in an accessible and informative manner
- Carefully analyze data and produce clear and objective reports
- Routinely monitor loans for compliance
- Adhere to credit policy and guidelines
- Monitor corporate portfolio asset quality on an ongoing basis
- Draft models of credit information that predict trends and patterns
- Develop two Credit Product Papers for approval per quarter
- Rendition of the necessary reports to the Regulators and other stakeholders.
- Carrying out stress testing on the Bank Risk Asset Portfolio on regular basis.
ENTERPRISE RISK MANAGEMENT
- Ensure that proper risk management policies are formulated and implemented
- Design & implementation of ERM policy framework
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems in addressing the enterprise risks
- Identify risks in all projects, investments and in all areas of operations as it affects the ultimate goals and performance of the enterprise
- Recommends mitigants and actions to reduce identified risks
- Advice Unit Heads of all risks identified, evaluated, and quantified, on all projects, investments and all areas of operations as it affects the ultimate goals and performance of the enterprise within the shortest reasonable time for necessary actions
- Liaise with unit heads on the adequacy of proposed actions and recommendations made in all identified risky areas
- Proactively identify emerging risks and immediately report same to Unit Head for mitigating actions
- At least 5 years of experience working in a microfinance bank/financial institution
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in finance, business, economics, or other quantitative related field is required. However, MBA or a Master’s degree in Economics, Mathematics, Statistics, or other quantitative related fields may be preferred
- Effective Communication; Communicates in a clear and concise manner (oral & written) with good listening skills
- Interpersonal Relationship: Demonstrates good team spirit and willingness to assist other team members when the need arises. Ability to work well with other members of staff.
- Idea Generation: Ability to come up with innovative ideas to improve the business and profitability.
- Learning & Development; Continuously developing self in line with professional requirements