Job Title: Head Clinical Laboratory
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1, Lagos
Salary: 250k Gross
Our client, an established medical diagnostics facility is seeking to hire for the role of Head Clinical Laboratory. The Head Clinical Laboratory will be responsible for supervising the work of clinical laboratory scientists and technicians, and developing lab safety policies that align with international accreditation standards.
- Overseeing the day-to-day operations of a clinical laboratory
- Communicating with supervisory medical directors
- Coordinating test procedures between difference scientists
- Verifying test procedures were performed with precision and accuracy
- Ensuring all equipment in the laboratory setting meets safety standards
- Training and supervising clinical laboratory scientists and technicians
- Resolving technical problems with solutions that follow accreditation standards
- Performing regular needs analysis for laboratory settings
- Ensuring that patient data is accurate and secure
- Implementing new programs, testing procedures, methodologies, and laboratory equipment
- Managing clinical laboratory staff
- Maintaining professional knowledge through attendance at professional workshops
- Scheduling staff for home appointments.
- Utilize proven employee management solutions to improve productivity and efficiency
- Ensure the lab establishes and maintains a calibration program for testing equipment that affect quality results
- Ensure that environmental requirements are met at the federal, state, and local government levels.
- Reports incidents, including instrument failures, problem solutions and reads documents and actions tasks on the laboratory information management system in compliance with relevant organisational policy.
- Performs on-site training for laboratory staff, interns, students, medical colleagues and associated health workers in laboratory techniques, processes and systems.
- Adheres to professional conduct requirements in line with organisational policy and relevant professional body ethical standards.
- Represents the organisation by applying the principles of customer care in the medical pathology field and interacts professionally and ethically with patients, clients, doctors and other laboratory staff.
- Minimum of 3 – 5 years related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Medical Laboratory Science, biology, chemistry, or another health and science field from a reputable Institution.
- Must be registered with the medical Laboratory Science Council of Nigeria.
- Must have a practicing License
- Knowledge of all laboratory standard operating procedures and processes
- Knowledge of medical ethical guidelines in the medical pathology fields
- Must have effective Laboratory Quality Management System Skills
- Effective Laboratory Data Management and research skills
- Must be accountable for the quality and integrity of laboratory Services
- Must be a team player