Job Location: Ikoyi, Lagos
Budget: 8M Annual Gross
Our client, a new microfinance bank is looking to hire a Head of Business Development, responsible for the commercialization of the bank various product and provide strategic leadership to the sales and marketing team. The HBD will also effectively articulate and execute end-to-end client engagement by generating leads, developing sales strategies and liability creation.
- Source appropriately priced and structured deposit liabilities for the company from retail and institutional sources.
- Generate and maintain new clientele on an on-going basis.
- Generate quality risk asset and maintain a healthy loan portfolio
- Identify and establish new areas of growth and additional revenue opportunities while maximizing the existing opportunities.
- Facilitates communication with internal stakeholders, providing appropriate constructive challenges, clear outcomes, and commitment to action.
- Co-ordinate with various business functions to provide management reports and presentation materials for monthly MPR and various business governance meetings.
- Acquire financial partners (competitors – those in similar business) and new clients.
- Maintain awareness and competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry development etc.
- Demonstrate the 6 Solution Selling attributes, using them as the foundation, to perform effectively as complex solution sales manager with multiple stakeholders.
- Develops and implements strategic business plans to achieve revenue and profit goals
- Maintain a high level of product, industry, and market knowledge; keeping the unit informed of trends, opportunities, and needs.
- Prepare reports and tracking documents relative to meeting performance goals, forecasting business levels.
- Coordinate all communication management activities for maximum reach and engagement.
- Work alongside other key stakeholders to uphold brand identity and integrity.
- Monitor and analyze success matrix customer insight and develop strategy recommendation based on findings.
- Up to date on current market trends and information.
- Source and distribute relevant thought leadership and marketing material to customers.
- Collate detail on new business (pipeline, pending and actual new business) and present the progress and successes of performance against the Business Development objectives, targets, as well as against competitive benchmarks.
- Academic Degree, preferably in Business Administration, Sales/Marketing or Finance
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in the Banking, Insurance, Asset Management or Investment related business preferably in a business development/sales or client relationship role.
- Lead demand-generating sales activities in the assigned market for the assigned product, service or solution.
- Very sound Knowledge of investment products such as investment funds, structured products, liability products and bonds
- Ability to Achieve annual revenue and monthly sales target.
- Customer relationship management.
- Knowledge of CRM tools and software
- In depth knowledge and experience in deposit mobilization
KNOWLEDGE , SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Ability to develop brand strategy’s identity and integrity interpreting into increase in product sales and market share.
- Well versed in probing skills
- Exceptional Leadership skills
- High commercial Acumen
- Customer relationship management
- Knowledge of CRM tools and software
- Analytical and Strategic Thinking
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Sales Solution Methodologies.
- Strategic Sales
- Knowledge of industry, trends, and innovation
- Revenue Generation
- Proficiency in the use of LinkedIn tools.
- Proven ability to prioritize competing demands and work under pressure
- Strong planning, presentation and analytical skills, be sensitive to number.
- Strong skill in MS Suite Packages (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
Job Category: Banking Business consulting Finance Marketing Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: ikoyi