Job Title: Guest House Supervisor
Location: Lekki Phase 1
Main Purpose of the Job
Oversees the daily operations and ensures all guest house business operations, including customer service, are up to the standard of the owner’s specifications.
• Examine daily duties, assign tasks and check on progress
• Ensure that guests are welcomed when they arrive and that they are accompanied to their room.
• Ensuring that the check-in and check-out process runs as smoothly as possible and that guests are escorted to the correct rooms
• Responsible for keeping track of lodging inventory and cleanliness.
• Acting as a link between guests and hotel management
• Establish friendly relationships with clients
• Responding to requests or complaints made by guests in a professional and polite manner in order to guarantee customer satisfaction.
• Manage all lobby activities and see to the functionality of the hotel amenities.
• Implementing procedures to improve services offered with the aim of attracting more customers.
• Hiring and training staff in matters of professional conduct, and organizing staffing schedules efficiently by ensuring that there is enough staff at all times
• Supporting service personnel with questions posed by guests
• Understanding what guest expectations are and anticipating problems in order to prevent complaints • Attending meetings with management to discuss problems and strategies for improvement.
• Understanding safety and emergency procedures
• Ensure that safety and security measures are in place to ensure the safety of guests and staff
Minimum Job Requirements
• Bachelor’s degree in business administration, hospitality management, or hotel management. Liberal arts, English, and Mass communication can also be considered.
• 0-1 year of experience (Post NYSC)
• Must be a female
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Conversant with social media and a computer literate.
• Must possess comforting and patient personalities
• An ability to identify areas in need of change or improvement to offer guests an excellent hotel experience.
• Understanding of and compliance with hotel policies and regulations and communicating these clearly to the staff.
• Reporting on daily operations in a timely manner.
• Proficiency in English; knowledge of other languages is a plus
• Customer service drive with outstanding communication and active listening skills
• Excellent problem-solving and multitasking skills
• Leadership skills along with the ability to motivate a team into high performance
• Strong sense of responsibility and a professional presentation
• Conflict resolution skills and a creative problem solving ability