Job Title: Group Risk Manager
Job Location: Lagos Island
Our Client, a Finance and Technology (FinTech) company is seeking to hire a Group Risk Manager who will be responsible for running the risk management function from a strategic, managerial, and operational basis, as well as building a team in line with the company’s growth.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop, direct, maintain, manage and execute a comprehensive process for identifying, assessing, mitigating, monitoring and reporting on risks that may impact on the Groups organizational performance.
- Ensure that proper risk management policies, processes and procedures are formulated and implemented.
- Design & implementation of Enterprise Risk Management policy framework.
- Identify and mitigate risks in all its entirety in the organization and ensure such reports are made available monthly.
- Evaluate the adequacy of internal control systems in addressing the enterprise risks
- Identify risks in all projects, investments and in all areas of operations as it affects ultimate goals and performance of the enterprise
- Recommends mitigants and actions to reduce identified risks
- Advise Unit Heads of all risks identified, evaluated, and quantified, on all projects, investments and in all areas of operations as it affects ultimate goals and performance of the enterprise within the shortest reasonable time for necessary actions
- Liaise with unit heads on the adequacy of proposed actions and recommendations made on all identified risky areas
- Proactively identify emerging risks and immediately report same to Unit Head for mitigating actions.
- Providing advice on risk management strategies for the organization’s various departments, including human resources and accounting.
- Conducting regular audits of insurance coverage to ensure that it remains adequate in light of changes in the organization’s activities or exposures to risk.
- Working closely with the CEO, CFO, relevant board members and committees, senior managers across the organization in molding a well-controlled, high achieving organization which can fulfil its mandate safely;
- Perform research to identify the risks facing the organization, their severity and determine the probability of occurrence;
- Develop strategies to measure identified risks appropriately, and articulate a coherent risk appetite for the organization;
- Liaising with internal and external auditors in assessing and providing independent assurance of the adequacy, appropriateness, and effectiveness of the organization’s overall risk management framework, policy, and implementation plan;
- Partnering effectively with third parties, regulatory bodies, and others, as appropriate, and serving as a role model for high personal and corporate ethical values and standards of integrity.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration
- Professional qualifications such as IRM or its equivalent
- A Master’s degree in Business Administration and/or Finance/Accounting will be an added advantage;
- Significant experience in financial services particularly in the areas of best practice risk management and governance frameworks, methodologies, and emerging practice (at least 10 years, of which 6 should be in a senior managerial role).
- Experience with credit risk guarantees/insurance and exposure to development issues is desirable;
- Ability to exercise oversight over oversight over governance, risk, compliance, and control arrangements in a complex financial operation;
- Proven ability to oversee several risk types, ideally including credit risk, operational risk, market risk, liquidity risk, reputational risk, legal risk, compliance risk, AML risks, information security risk, concentration risk, investment risk, and strategic risk;
- Knowledge and understanding of risk control arrangements;
- Effective Communication; Communicates in a clear and concise manner (oral & written) with good listening skills
- Interpersonal Relationship: Demonstrates good team spirit and willing to assist other team members when the need arise. Ability to work well with other members of staff.
- Idea Generation: Ability to come up with innovative ideas to improve on the business and profitability.
- Learning & Development; Continuously developing self in line with professional requirements