Our client, a reputable investment company is looking to hire “Group Credit Risk Officer”. The candidate must enforce and ensure compliance with credit risk and operational policies and procedures as it relates to the Group. The candidate will also be tasked to drive credit risk management strategy across the Group and periodically report updates to the Head Risk Management and Compliance.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Ensure compliance with risk appetite, credit portfolio limits and risk parameters established by the Group,
- Design risk assessment systems, monitor quality of loan portfolio, identify problems and correct deficiencies and undertake loan review across the group.
- Protect the quality of the entire loan portfolio by undertaking portfolio evaluations and conducting comprehensive studies on the environment to test the resilience of the loan portfolio, as per credit risk policy, on a quarterly basis.
- Send alert to all the business units and other relevant functions for carrying out suitable corrective actions in case of breaches / deviations figured out during the risk monitoring process.
- Monitor the performance of the rating system on a periodic basis by validating them.
- Monitor remediation of any breaches or misalignments reported per the above functions
- Maintain an up to date collateral database management and efficient collateral register
- Provide support to the Enterprise Risk Management Function
- Development and implementation of Key Risk Indicators across the Group and subsidiaries
- Conduct Risk and Control Self Assessments (RCSA) across the Group and subsidiaries.
- Champion a service review campaign that will improve the Groups operational risk significantly and consequently enhance the quality of the Group’s products and services.
- Risk-grading of the Group and its subsidiaries.
- Maintain internal loss database of operational losses in the Group and subsidiaries
- Provide support for regular testing of the Group’s Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
- Perform any other tasks assigned by the Head Risk Management and Compliance
Required Competencies & Qualifications:
- Minimum of bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business Administration or any related discipline with at least 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Master’s degree in a related discipline will be an advantage
- Excellent Numeracy and analytical Skills
- Good model building skills
- Good quantitative analysis skills
- Good knowledge of the Nigerian Financial Markets
- Good knowledge of Basel II/III
- Good portfolio management and product development skills
- Good problem-solving, negotiation, and conflict resolution skills
- Good leadership abilities
- Good relationship management skills
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.