Our client a Montessori school is looking to hire a French Montessori Assistant who will assist, the Guide in guiding children in their development academically, spiritually, emotionally, and physically in a prepared Montessori environment that challenges each child to reach his/her fullest potential in these developmental areas, in accordance with Montessori philosophy and procedures for the age group in which he/she is trained in.
The French Montessori Assistant is fully responsible for the development of the elementary child’s speaking, listening. Reading and writing in French
Other duties include: conducting activities, assisting in preparing and maintaining the environment; monitoring students in the classroom, at lunch, on the playground, at events or, on school trips and performing related duties as required.
- Observation – scientific observation of student activities, learning and development
- Planning and Development – planning for each child’s acquisition of the French language, assisting the lead guide in planning for the overall development of each child, and participating in the planning of school-wide programs and events
- Prepared Environment – maintaining and repairing the classroom materials.
- Implementation – curriculum delivery
- Record Keeping – keeping records of student learning and activities
- Assessments and Reports – Assisting the lead guide with assessing student development and reports. Assessing and writing reports on the child’s progress with the French language.
- Community Building – communicating with and establishing a positive relationship with existing and prospective parents.
- Intervention – participating in the intervention plan for students with additional learning needs.
- Other duties include: conducting activities, assisting in preparing and maintaining the environment; monitoring students in the classroom, at lunch, on the playground, at events or, on school trips and performing related duties as required.
- Basic knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Fluency in French, with proper diction, grammar and spelling
- At least a year of experience in working with children in the designated age group, preferably in a Montessori setting; some Montessori training preferred.
- Knowledge of the purpose and sequence of the materials in the assigned environment
- Expertise in classroom leadership – the ability to manage a group of children
- Basic knowledge of Information and Communication Technology used on the job.
- Knowledge of safety practices in indoor and outdoor activities.
- Knowledge of First aid and CPR applications/techniques
- Ability to organize and coordinate activities.
- Proximity to Lekki