Our client, a leading IT Governance, Risk, and Compliance (GRC) consulting and capacity-building firm in Africa with a presence in 9 African countries and accreditation to two global best practice standards (ISO27001 and ISO9001), is hiring a forensic investigator with strong technical competency who will research and implement detection measures using data from a wide spectrum of sources and perform opportunistic threat analysis.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
•Work with external and internal clients to analyze criminal, civil, and internal project requests and to plan and execute forensic support for both simple and complex investigations.
•Provide recommendations for the identification, collection, and preservation of digital evidence.
• Determine tools and procedures required for preservation.
•Collect, process, and analyze electronically stored information (ESI) obtained from the network, cloud, and end-user digital sources in accordance with industry standards.
•Provide required documentation demonstrating chain of custody of evidence.
•Work with other team members to provide guidance and assistance.
•Provide written and verbal status updates to external and internal clients in a clear and a concise manner.
• Bachelors or equivalent work experience in Computer Science, Forensic Science, or related fields
• 6+ Years of Cybersecurity experience with concentration in forensics and Incident Response, and or practical experience performing forensics on a variety of media, including Windows, OS X, Linux, Android and iOS
• Experience writing technical reports, detailing results of analysis.
•Experience with EnCase, FTK, X-Ways, Axiom, Forensic Explorer, Cellebrite and other forensic tools.
• Experience identifying and analyzing malware.
• Demonstrated success and understanding of accepted frameworks such as, ISO/IEC 27001, COBIT, and NIST, including 800-53 and the Cybersecurity Framework Experience with forensic processes and procedures (chain of custody, computer acquisition techniques, and memory acquisition techniques)