Job Title: Florist
Our client, an event design, and planning agency is seeking to hire a passionate and creative florist who has an eye for balance, color, and harmony. The ideal candidate will be responsible for artistically arranging flowers to make wedding bouquets, wreaths, corsages, and other decorations.
- Arrange both real and artificial flowers for display at occasions or in the home or office.
- Fill special orders for holidays or other occasions.
- Make traditional corsages, bouquets, wreaths, and wedding decorations, as well as other kinds of original designs
- Create original designs.
- Negotiate price for arrangements.
- Fulfill large orders.
- Work with clients to fulfill their vision for occasions such as weddings, celebrations and corporate events.
- Work with a wide range of foliage and flowers.
- Find vendors to supply seasonal flowers.
- Order and purchase flowers and supplies from wholesalers and growers.
- Cut stems to proper length.
- Keep flowers watered and fresh.
- Discard wilting or dead arrangements.
- Wait on customers in floral shop.
- Inform customers about the care, maintenance, and handling of flowers and foliage.
- Provide advice and suggestions for flower selection.
- Prepare window displays.
- Unpack flowers and prepare for storage.
- Deliver flowers to clients if necessary.
- Demonstrable experience as a florist.
- A degree in botany or related field
- Knowledgeable about flower handling techniques.
- Approachable, patient, and forthcoming.
- Excellent verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work at fast-paced, but efficient and controlled manner