Location: Ibadan, Nigeria
Main Purpose of the Job
Finance Managers oversee the financial operations of an organization. They advise on investment plans, monitor the company’s finances and produce financial reports. They work closely with management to develop and implement strategies and plans to achieve the company’s long-term objectives. Reports to the Finance Controller
• Provide financial reports and interpret financial information to managerial staff while recommending further courses of action.
• Advise on investment activities and provide strategies that the company should take
• Maintain the financial health of the organization.
• Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans.
• Develop trends and projections for the firm’s finances.
• Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities.
• Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met.
• Manage the preparation of the company’s budget.
• Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained.
• Correspond with various other departments, discussing company plans and agreeing on future paths to be taken.
• Provide financial insight and analysis to drive the business performance of the organization.
• Manage and monitor metrics, KPI tracking, and reports.
• Evaluate the financial performance of the organization and measure returns on investments.
• Understand and calculate the risks involved in the financial activities of the organization.
Minimum Job Requirements
• BS/MA degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics
• Minimum of 10 years work experience
• Must be chartered or in the last stage of getting chartered
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
• Must be used to doing financial reporting
• Proven experience as a Financial Manager
• Experience in the financial sector with previous possible roles such as financial analyst
• Extensive understanding of financial trends both within the company and general market patterns
• Proficient user of finance software
• Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
• Able to manage, guide and lead employees to ensure appropriate financial processes are being used
• A solid understanding of financial statistics and accounting principles
• Analytical thinker with strong conceptual and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail with superb organizational skills.
• Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, presentation and basic PowerPoint.