Job Title: Finance & Admin Officer
Job Type: Full Time
Salary: 250k -300k
Our client, a dynamic technology solution provider company is looking for an experienced Finance & Administration Officer that will be in charge of managing the financial and administrative systems, procedures and operations and providing advice on financial and administrative matters.
• Prepares and process all invoices (purchases, office project cost & sales)
• Process all petty cash and bank payments after necessary approvals
• Maintenance and posting of all invoices to accurate General Ledger codes
• Assist with the day to day running of the finance department
• Monitoring and reconciliation of intercompany accounts and balances, office project costs, raising and posting invoices etc
• Follow established finance policies and procedures to make decisions
• Any other duties as requested by management.
• Reconciles all bank statements on a monthly basis
• Monthly reconciliation of all balance sheet general ledger accounts
• Assist with month end reports; prepare accurate financial data to be used for the reports
• Processes value added tax (VAT) and other statutory returns on a monthly basis
• Reconciles balance sheet general ledger and intercompany transactions
• Timely and accurate filing and remittance of all tax, statutory returns i.e. VAT, WHT, PAYE etc.
• Assist with all year-end financial process and audit
• Maintain external relationships with service providers to ensure the efficiency of the office systems, supplies, premises and equipment
• Contribute to the organization of meetings, conferences, events and actions.
• Assisting human resources department with payroll and personnel databases.
• Ensure functionality of necessary office equipment, and requisitioning new equipment and supplies as needed
• Oversee logistics and other administrative tasks required
Key Competencies and Requirements:
Educational Qualification: B.Sc in Accounting , Finance or related field from an accredited university.
Professional Qualification: Recognized professional accreditation (ICAN /CFA/ACA /CIMA/ ACCA etc.) is compulsory
Experience: Minimum of 3-5 years relevant experience in an accounting, auditing or consulting firm
• Projects Management /Costing : Capital /Cash Flow/funds Flow Analysis
• Proficient in the use of Microsoft office suite
• Use of financial and accounting software applications
• Knowledge and understanding of Corporate Accounting Practice / Standard Auditing practices along with budget analysis and identification of variance
• Knowledge of cost accounting, management and accounting standards
• Knowledge of statutory provision with respect to the tax management & planning
• Conversant with federal and state financial regulation, applicable laws, codes and regulations.
• Good organization, time management and scheduling skills