Job Title: Auxiliary Nurse
Employment Type: Full Time
Our client a learning institution is looking to fill the position of an experienced auxiliary nurse that will be responsible for the healthcare of our students and staff members. Some of the school nurse’s responsibilities will include developing healthcare initiatives for the school.
To be successful, you must be knowledgeable in principles and practices underlying professional nursing and remain up to date with current trends in the specialized field of school health.
- Utilizing existing resources to provide appropriate healthcare to students and staff.
- Assessing the status of student and staff immunization documentation, when necessary.
- Promoting an optimal level of wellness among students and staff by providing preventative healthcare services, such as immunizations.
- Consult with teachers, school administrators and other school staff regarding student care
- Carrying out health assessments and screening for deficits in vision, hearing, growth, and/or development of students.
- Administer medication
- Monitor student immunization records
- Help students who have feeding disabilities
- Planning and implementing school health management protocols and procedures, especially for emergency situations.
- Providing referrals, to parents or staff, for intervention and remediation of abnormal or worrying health conditions affecting students.
- Providing ongoing health counseling to students, parents, and staff.
- Completing medical paperwork, when necessary.
- Attending various school meetings.
- A bachelor’s degree in nursing or another health-related field.
- Experience working with children
- Registered Nurse (RN) license
- Knowledge of many areas of health including mental health
- Knowledge of school laws and policies
- Ability to work independently or with others
- Ability to communicate well with others
- Ability to assess situations and act quickly
- Knowledge of state health regulations
- Ability to multitask