Job Title: Executive Assistant to MD/CEO
Job Location: Victoria Island.
Our Client, a medical laboratory institute is seeking to hire an Executive Assistant to the MD/CEO. The candidate must be vibrant and have a good knowledge of the healthcare sector.
Note: To do this role properly you should have a detailed understanding of the full Microsoft Office suite, be extremely fast at solving problems and have experience as an executive or administration assistant in the past.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Providing administrative assistance, such as writing and editing emails, drafting memos and preparing communications;
- Maintaining comprehensive and accurate corporate records, documents and reports;
- Performing minor accounting and bookkeeping duties;
- Organizing meetings, including scheduling, sending reminders and organizing catering when necessary;
- Answering incoming phone calls in a polite and professional manner and accurately taking messages;
- Welcoming visitors and identifying the purpose of their visit before directing them to the appropriate department;
- Managing the executive’s day-to-day calendar, including making appointments and prioritizing the most sensitive matters;
- Coordinating travel arrangements (both domestic and international) and create trip itineraries;
- Using various software, including word processing, spreadsheets, and presentation software to prepare reports and/or special projects;
- Provide general administrative support.
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of BA/BSc. in any field.
- 2 – 3 years of experience as an executive assistant or other relevant administrative support, Preferably Female.
- In-depth understanding of the Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook).
- Ability to organize a daily workload by priorities.
- Must be able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced quickly changing environment.
- A proactive approach to problem-solving with strong decision-making skills.
- Professional level verbal and written communications skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multitask
- Problem-solving and decision making skills
- Ability to act as a gatekeeper and escalate relevant information to executives as needed
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to treat confidential information with appropriate discretion
- Exceptional attention to detail