Job Title: Engineering Manager
Location: Surulere, Lagos
The Engineering Manager oversees the development and execution of projects, manages budgets, and supervises multiple teams. They collaborate with other management personnel, provide instructions to engineering teams, and ensure the successful completion of projects on time and within budget. They also conduct research and development for new designs, products, and processes
• Proposing and managing budgets for projects.
• Supervising the work of multiple teams.
• Planning and executing strategies for completing projects on time.
• Researching and developing designs and products.
• Determining the need for training and talent development.
• Hiring and supervising staff
• Checking their team’s work for technical accuracy
• Ensuring the validity of methods used by staff
• Coordinating work with other managers and staff
• Ensuring products have the support of upper management.
• Providing clear and concise instructions to engineering teams.
• Graduate in Electrical engineering
• 5-6 years’ experience in similar fields
• Experience in Office Building Maintenance/Lift/DG/Water Treatment/Electrical /Plumbing work
• Analytical skills for evaluating information carefully and solving complex problems
• Proven supervisory and technical skills.
• Communication skills for overseeing staff and working with other management personnel
• Ability to catch minor errors which can result in major problems
• Math skills
• Organizational skills for keeping track of various budgets, employees, and schedules simultaneously