Job Title: Dispatch Rider
Job Location: Lagos.
Our client, a local courier service company is looking to hire suitable personnel for the role of a dispatch rider. The dispatch riders will be responsible for outdoor and indoor delivery, sending & collecting of official documents, materials, packages and bulky items as needed.
ESSENTIAL JOB DESCRIPTION
- Organize item orders by editing for price and weight compliance
- Arrange deliveries by checking stock to determine inventory levels; anticipate delivery requirement, placing and expediting orders.
- Delivery of items by examining items, destination, route, rate and delivery time.
- Verify items to be delivered by matching bills of lading; reconcile quantities; note discrepancies.
- Keep customers informed by forwarding notice of item availability, delivery date, method, status and responding to enquiries as it relates to delivery.
- Ensuring he/she picks up item to be delivered and delivers swiftly.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Ability to ride a motorcycle, communicate, read and write.
- Organizational and multitasking abilities
- Ability to work under pressure
- Have good numeracy skills for delivery and expenses records.
- Polite and able to get along with people.
Working hours : 8am – 6pm ( Mondays – Saturdays)