Job Title: Data Analyst
Job Location: Lagos
Our client, a leading renewable energy company is looking to hire a talented, smart, passionate and experienced/certified Data Analyst to help analyze and interpret data for business performance across all our Offline Retail chain.
This role requires turning data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The candidate should have a strong grasp of data acquisition and management tools and strategies and be able to monitor performance and quality control plans to identify improvements
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports
- Develop and implement databases, data collection systems, data analytics and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Acquire data from primary or secondary data sources and maintain databases/data systems
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Filter and “clean” data by reviewing computer reports, printouts, and performance indicators to locate and correct code problems
- Work with management to prioritize business and information needs
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities
- Provide quality assurance of imported data
- Processing confidential data and information according to guidelines
- Helping develop reports and analysis; Managing and designing the reporting environment, including data sources, security, and metadata.
- Supporting the data warehouse in identifying and revising reporting requirements.
- Supporting initiatives for data integrity and normalization.
- Assessing tests and implementing new or upgraded software and assisting with strategic decisions on new systems.
- Troubleshooting & Generating reports from single or multiple systems
- Training end-users on new reports and dashboards
- Providing technical expertise on data storage structures, data mining, and data cleansing
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Maths, Statistics, or any of the related disciplines.
- At least 2-3year’s progressive experience working as a data analyst in FMCG or Logistics & Supply chain sector
- Strong exposure and understanding of various functions on ERP solutions
- Strong in MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Good communication skills
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc.)
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy
- Adept at queries, report writing and presenting findings
- Knowledge of Navision will be an added advantage.