Job Role: Compliance Officer
JOB SUMMARY Responsible for ensuring our partners align with the compliance requirements of the various regulators by reviewing what the compliance requirements are from the regulators, creating a program for our partners, and carrying out periodic reviews, tracking, and training.
Compliance Officer Reports To Managing Director
• JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and implement an effective compliance program for the business • Create sound internal controls and monitor adherence to them
• Draft and revise company policies
• Proactively audit processes, practices and documents to identify weaknesses
• On-boarding counterparty due diligence
• Transactional monitoring
• Assist in the risk-assessment of proposed products, markets and counterparties (clients, partners and affiliates)
• Sanctions screening
• Suspicious activity identification, monitoring and reporting
• Facilitating client & partner (supplier) diligence; on-boarding and relationship risk management processes, particularly in collection and analysis of due diligence for counterparty verification (i.e. KYC/CDD).
• Conducting and/or overseeing compliance reviews and audits including KYC refreshes on counterparties and partners.
• Ensuring clients are within legal and risk parameters and not undertaking Money Laundering or criminal activities.
• Identifying, managing & escalating suspected and actual money laundering, sanctions breaches
• Understanding of the Banking, Investment, and Insurance Regulatory Landscape
• Knowledge of global compliance best practice
• Excellent analytical skills and ability to accurately interpret complex documents and policies
• Strong time management and organizational skills and able to meet deadlines
• Should have a strong moral code and sense of ethics
• Good working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
SPECIFICATION/ QUALIFICATION Qualification
• First degree or its equivalent in law or similar discipline Minimum Experience
• 3 years relevant experience Professional Membership
• Chartered membership of relevant bodies