Job Title: Class Teacher (ages 9 -12)
Job Location: Lekki Phase 1
Salary: 150,000 – 180,000
Our client, a Montessori school is looking to hire a passionate class teacher for her institution. The class director will provide guidance and work cohesively with students to create a collaborative community. To ensure an optimal learning environment, you will lead the preparation of the learning environments in the classroom, safety initiatives, and communication with parents.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Observe children across all school indicated domains of development, ensuring all children are developing optimally.
- Assist children who need individual help to choose work
- Protect working children from interference (including adult)
- Regularly carry out structured observations of all the school’s educational programs, classrooms, daily activities, and events.
- Assesses the needs of the class and prepares requests for materials, furnishings, framework of the budgeting process; updates inventory list and submits to Head of School on last day of school.
- Develop lesson plans and manage the learning experiences for students to ensure the needs of the groups and individual students are met.
- Assist students toward self-directed learning and normalization
- Notify the Learning Director immediately of personal difficulties with children, parents or staff
- Assist in planning and attending school events
- Attend staff meetings, Faculty Retreat, and any special meeting(s) as reasonably requested by the Learning Director, and as mutually agreed upon
- Attend all pre-planned in-service training sessions (approved by the Learning Director).
- Outline projected routine of the day, including any special activities.
- Coordinate curriculum implementation with the Specialty Teachers.
- Maintain an ongoing dialogue between Specialty Teachers, the Bridge Team, and Montessori Teachers.
- Demonstrate rapport with, and respect and kindness for, the students.
- Submit academic records and other records during the year as requested by the Learning Director.
- Prepare written student evaluations of each child’s academic development and social behavior at the end of each term and at other times as required by the Learning Director.
- Suggest actions to the management on how to resolve issues regarding complaints from parents and, better promote the image of the school.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must hold a minimum of a bachelor’s degree or a post-graduate degree in Education from an accredited college or university.
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience for children ages 9-12
- Registered with Teacher’s Registration Council of Nigeria, TRCN
- Montessori diploma from a MACTE accredited program for specified grade level.
- Experience in preparing students for common entrance examinations.
- Experience in delivering International Curriculum
- Knowledge of Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Active Listening
- Critical Thinking
- Learning Strategies
- Knowledge of child growth/development and child behavior characteristics.
- Great interest in education and working with children.
- Knowledge of the rules of classroom management.
- Curriculum Implementation.