Job Title: Chief of Operations
Job Location: Lagos
Our Client, an art trading technology company requires the services of an experienced Chief Of Operations with a natural flair for developing strategy, problem solving, planning and execution. Our ideal candidate should have extensive experience in delivering goals, with a strong grasp of business and management expertise.
The candidate will be responsible for executing strategies to deliver a seamless launch and deploy the right framework to sustain business operations; design and implement effective frameworks, establish policies, collaborate with relevant stakeholders and partners, and oversee the day-to-day running of the organisation.
- Support the CEO to formulate and promote the organisation’s vision and operating strategy
- Design and implement business strategies, plans and procedures
- Translate organisational strategy into actionable performance, growth goals, and help implement organisation-wide goal setting
- Establish policies that promote company culture and vision
- Oversee daily operations of the company and the work of executives (IT, Marketing, Sales, Finance etc.)
- Monitor performance by analysing and interpreting data/metrics and formulate corrective actions as needed.
- Prepare detailed current and forecast reports to the CEO in all matters of importance
- Participate in expansion activities (investments, acquisitions, corporate alliances etc.)
- Actively manage capital investment and expenses to ensure that the company achieves it’s goals related to growth and profitability
- Maintain and establish trust relationships with key customers, customers, partners and stakeholders
- Ensure compliance with international and local business requirements and act when necessary.
- More than 5 years of experience in executive leadership position
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA
- Proven experience as COO or relevant role
- Demonstrable competency in strategic planning and business development
- Outstanding organisational and leadership abilities
- Excellent interpersonal skills with outstanding written and verbal communications
- Aptitude in decision-making and problem-solving
- Understanding of business functions such as HR, Finance, marketing etc.
- Understand advanced business planning and regulatory issues
- Has a solid grasp of data analysis and performance indicators
- Able to diagnose problems quickly and have a foresight into potential problems
- Fundraising experience