JOB TITLE: Chief Audit Executive
To provide audit oversight and strategic review for the group and its investee companies. Ensure financial, operational and compliance related audits to facilitate compliance with the group’s governance program, federal and state laws, industry and corporate standards and international financial reporting standards.
• Group PBT
• Drive directorate /groupwide tasks
• Build leadership (to be measured by a 360-degree score)
Relationship Management The CAE will need to establish and maintain executive level partnerships with Internal parties including executive management, senior management and board committee members to:
• Serve as primary point of contact for executive committee level stakeholders to articulate and report audit findings, communicate recommendations, and resolve issues.
• Build relationship with external parties which includes but is not limited to the following:
• Regulators and Regulatory bodies.
• External Auditors
• Technical Partners
• Contractors and Sub Contractors
Develop, implement & review a risk-based audit framework
• The CAE is ultimately responsible for all internal audit activities and should set the strategies for the Audit Department to ensure a progressive, effective and efficient internal audit approach.
• Ensure appropriate internal audit services are consistently carried out throughout the group’s operations.
• Provide feedback to executive management and Audit and Risk Committees and the Board (where required) on a real-time basis
• Keep abreast of emerging issues throughout the company and within the industry and share information with the company’s most senior level of management.
• Developing internal audit plans (three year and annual audit plans) and setting audit objectives and scope based on outcome of risk assessment activities performed by risk and compliance team
• Manage the Board Audit and Risk Committees process, including identifying appropriate topics and exposure items to raise to the Committee, and preparing and presenting results of the internal audit activities enterprise wide
Ensure a control environment
• Strengthen and improve the governance, risk and control environment of the organization
• Act as a key driver of change analysing and evaluating business processes and associated controls to determine their effectiveness and efficiency
• Develop recommendations for improvement within Internal Audit and across the organization
Provide objective assurance on the audit effectiveness and on the identification of the risks
• Providing oversight and issue resolution to facilitate successful completion of audits on time and within budget.
• Reviewing and delivering audit reports; articulating audit findings and developing recommendations.
• Facilitating appropriate corrective action regarding significant audit concerns.
• Providing broad analysis of internal and external trends and issues across business areas.
• Display and build the right organizational culture within the organization – alignment within the team
COMPETENCE/ QUALIFICATION REQUIREMENTS
• First degree or its equivalent in a numerate discipline, MBA or Master’s degree in Finance or Accounting required Minimum Experience
• 8 years relevant experience of which at least two (5) years must have involved significant exposure to audit
• Professional Membership Chartered membership of ICAN/ ACCA required
• The CAE will have a strong understanding of the emerging industry trends, business risks and audit professional requirements to oversee development and completion of the annual Audit Plan
• The CAE will also have responsibility to ensure that recommended and agreed action plans are implemented as agreed and present status report to the Audit Committee