Job Role: Chef
Client’s Industry: Hospitality
Our client, a reputable hotel seeks to hire a chef whose daily duties would involve planning menus according to a fixed budget and following guidelines on nutrition and healthy eating, preparing and cooking food in accordance with food safety regulations. Monitoring and managing supplies within a budget.
- Ordering quantities of raw food in line with meal numbers, menu planning, and portion control.
- Supervising the work of catering staff, including allocation of duties and work rotas.
- Developing relationships with food suppliers.
- Coordinating Culinary club.
- Undertaking all other catering activities, and ensuring the smooth running of the service.
- Management and control of food costs within the given budget.
- Taking stock of ingredients and equipment, and placing orders to replenish stock.
- Enforcing safety and sanitation standards in the kitchen.
- Creating new recipes to keep the menu fresh.
- Keeping up to date with industry trends.
- Receiving feedback and making improvements where necessary.
- The ideal candidate should possess a degree in human nutrition or relevant fields
- Must be versatile in his/her cooking skill and must be able to pass culinary knowledge to the children.
- Must possess over 4 years past experience as a working chef.
- Advanced knowledge of the culinary arts.
- Perfectionism in sanitation and quality control.
- Portfolio of creative, unique dishes.
- Expert multitasking ability.
- Great leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to run stocktaking and place orders for resupply.
- Exemplary work ethic in a high-pressure environment.