Location: Lagos, Nigeria.
We are currently looking for a Chartered Accountant for our client, a reputable FMCG company. The candidate will be responsible for the planning, implementation, managing and running of all the financial activities of the company including; business planning, budgeting, forecasting and negotiations.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Accountant must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Suitable candidates should also have excellent financial reconciliatory skills and experience in managing time-bound rolling commitments.
- He/she must be capable to take full responsibility for the following duties; either performing this him/herself or in a supervising role: Bookkeeping and monthly reporting under IFRS in line with deadlines. Analysing actual versus budgeted results (in general and for events) and providing advice to the general manager, senior management and to the board on possible improvements.
- Preparing all monthly, quarterly and yearly tax reports and ensuring that necessary filings and payments are done on time.
- Perform treasury function including handling and controlling of payments to vendors and handling of cash.
- Perform monthly staff payroll/ tax deductions and all related calculations
- Managing the company assets register
- Ensuring that insurance cover for all assets are adequate and are in line with organizational requirements.
- Working with team members and general manager to complete any other duties as may be required.
- Consistently demonstrating teamwork dynamics by working as a team member; understanding individual and team roles; contributing to a positive working environment by building solid relationships with team members; and proactively seek guidance, clarification and feedback.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- MSC / BSc / BA / HND in Finance, Accounting or Economics with a Professional Certificate: Chartered Institute of Taxation of Nigeria (CITN), The Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria (ICAN), Associate Chartered Accountant (ACA).
- Applicant must possess up to 7 years’ experience preferably in the manufacturing industry.
- Great knowledge of accounting systems (Access Dimensions, Quick Books, SAGE, Microsoft Excel, etc.)
- Strong knowledge of internal control principles, operational risk evaluation
- Candidates must have a strong background in finance and tax as well as understanding the specifics of the manufacturing industry generally.
- Ability to analyze problems and strategize for better solutions.
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills