Reports to: CEO & COO
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Our Client, a luxury fashion brand, is looking to hire a competent and qualified Business Manager. The Business Manager supervises and leads the organization’s operations and employees. He/she will perform a range of tasks to ensure productivity and efficiency including designing and implementing business strategies, evaluating company performances, and supervising employees’ day to day activities.
Superb interpersonal and leadership skills are vital for this role; as good teamwork is important for the business success. Suitable candidates should also be excellent written and verbal communicators and possess the ability to identify opportunities for growth.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create strategic decisions based on the needs of the business, based on both short- and long-term objectives, in alignment with company initiatives, and executes an action plan to increase sales and profit.
- Be responsible for all aspects of the company’s operations
- Assess and identify new opportunities for growth in current and prospective markets.
- Plan, direct and coordinate various aspects of the company’s operations.
- Ensure that operations run smoothly and according to the company policies.
- Assure that the vendors and suppliers are properly compensated and continue to meet the needs of the company.
- Report to an executive staff member in person of the Chief Operating Officer on all assigned duties.
- Manage and utilize the funds and expenditures of the various operations carried out by the firm.
- Understand the financial tools and resources available to the firm.
- Act as a liaison between the management and the employees/staff.
- Monitor the performance and achievements of the employees.
- Consistently demonstrate accountability and leadership in managing the company and its employees,
- Periodically assess overall company performance.
Job Requirements & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in any relevant field
- Ideal candidate must possess 3-5 years’ experience in a creative or similar role
- Working knowledge of latest business policies and regulations
- Solid understanding of recent fashion trends
- Have a strong working knowledge of experience design, brand development, interactive commerce and creative process.
- Ability to lead projects from concept to completion while applying best practices
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments
- Possess strong communication skills to communicate issues such as workload issues, project needs and provides status on the progress of work and results, effectively
- Action oriented and a self-starter who is reliable, full of energy, and enjoys challenges
- Analytical thinking and business insights