Role: Business Development Team Lead
Location: Lagos Island
Salary: N115 to 140k per month
Work set up: 8am to 5pm on Friday, 10am to 2pm on Saturday.
Note: Saturday work is mandatory.
- Identify potential clients and the decision makers across all verticals within corporate sectors including hospital, FMCG, financial services, OEM, Media & Entertainment, Government, Aviation, Transportation,Telecommunications etc.
- Build, maintain and leverage available number of contacts to generate new lead.
- Convert new leads to clients by identifying business, managing accounts, cold calling, prospecting, developing a thorough needs analysis and closing targets, opportunities in line with goals set.
- Have a full understanding of the Company’s products and services and generate demand by presenting them to potential clients through direct communication in face to face meetings, telephone calls and emails.
- Achieve set financial target from all accounts managed.
- Review and monitor competitor products and services, identifying shortfalls, advantages in comparison to the company’s offerings thus;
- Recommend enhancement that will give the company a clear competitive advantage.
- Drive new businesses by promoting the company’s unique selling propositions and differentiators to prospective clients in comparison to competitors.
- Actively manage the sales process leads, prospecting, qualifying, need analysis, proposals, objections, closing & follow up
- Develop sales growth strategies, tactics and action plans required to achieve all the set objectives( Financial, operational and customer satisfaction).
- Prepare proposals relevant to the clients needs, goals, roadmap and where applicable in response to request for proposals and quotes.
- Partake in contractual and financial negotiations where required.
- Actively monitor market trends through clients and by attending industry functions, association events, conferences) thus recommending new products, services
Client relationship/ Account Management:
• Managing the company’s business relationships by overseeing the company’s corporate and high value accounts including following-up on transactions and payments while looking for new business opportunities.
• Establish and build relationships with clients on all levels; from officers to executives (CXOs/senior management/Board of Directors) to ensure the set financial targets are achieved and exceeded.
• Executing all the elements of the company’s marketing and sales plan: product development, pricing, promotions and distribution activities
• Identify new sales opportunities within existing accounts by up-selling and cross-selling.
• Ensure all new/existing services are approved, launched and appropriately campaigned on MNOs network.
• Ensure timely responses and coordinate resolution to all complaints, queries, requests, and suggestions from clients and partners as the Company’s main interface.
• Provide timely and accurate periodic reports including revenue reports, sales pipeline, activity reports etc. weekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and annually to executive management.
• Carryout business development training and mentoring to subordinates and other internal staff.
• Ensure internal collaboration and communication with other functional teams to meet customer needs and operational efficiency within the Company.
• Perform other assigned duties as delegated by management from time to time.
• Will play a strategic/support role in managing external stakeholders especially partners, vendors, clients and regulatory authorities etc., as this relates to the company’s business
Job requirements and Skills:
• BSc/BA in Business Administration or relevant field; MSc/MBA is a plus
• 4– 6 years’ work experience in sales, marketing or account management with a track record for achieving sales targets with a minimum of 2 years in a supervisory/managerial level and should possess strategic relationships from past work experience.
• Certificate Management Programs (e.g., Business Development) (added bonus)
• Be able to think logically and clearly and exhibit strong problem-solving abilities
• Exhibit superior presentation, public speaking, written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrate intermediate project management abilities
• Demonstrate strong negotiation skills
• Ability to engage and drive others to deliver targets
• Demonstrate ability to set individual work plans and manage time and work with limited supervision to meet deadlines
• Exhibit a collaborative and team-oriented spirit