Job Title: Business Development Executive
Job Location: Marina, Lagos Island
Our client, a financial institution is seeking to hire a Business Development Executive who will be responsible for generating strategies to increase deposit mobilization within the Group by selling the organisation’s value-add to prospective clients. The candidate will be the point of contact for the business bringing on new customers while providing support to existing clients.
- Entrepreneurial, enthusiastic with the capability to use initiative and intellect to bring and close deals
- Maintain positive business relationships
- Onboard new relationships that are enriching to the organization
- Perform cost-benefit and needs analysis of existing/potential customers to meet their needs
- Build on relationships to achieve new leads
- Expedite the resolution of customer problems and complaints to maximize satisfaction
- Achieve agreed upon sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Coordinate sales effort with other team members
- Analyze market potentials, track sales and provide status reports
- Design and implement strategic business plans that expands company’s customer base and ensure its strong presence
- Presentation of sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the Treasury Head/GMD
- Identification of emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
- To provide information as required to assess the performance of the business and achievement of agreed strategy and budget
- Maintain awareness and job knowledge by being current with foreign exchange regulations and accepted practices and maintaining personal networks.
- 5 – 8 years work experience in Sales in financial industry.
- Bachelor Degree in a related field from a reputable institution.
- Qualifications and membership in relevant professional body.
- MSc or MBA in Sales or Marketing.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Attention to detail, displays natural tact/discretion with imagination and drive.
- An analytical approach to work.
- Negotiation skills and the ability to influence others.
- Good time management skills and the ability to prioritise.
- The ability to work as part of a team and to build strong working relationships.
- Outstanding interpersonal and influencing skills; a good team player.
- Strong customer focus.
- Commercial acumen and sound business awareness.