Job Title: Business Development Executive
Reports to: Business Development Manager
Location: VI, Lagos State
Salary: 200-250 net
Our client, a medical laboratory is looking to hire a Business Development Executive who will focus on customer acquisition, lead generation, and prospect management, as this role will garner and meet with potential clients. The Business Development Executive will be responsible to research client business referrals, networks, and web leads; providing prospective customers/clients with all services offered and additional presentations as needed, and working with clients to create solutions for their needs and consulting throughout the sales process.
- Identifying, qualifying, and securing business opportunities; coordinating business generation activities; developing customized targeted sales strategies
- Building business relationships with current and potential clients
- Understanding client needs and offering solutions and support; answering potential client questions and follow-up call questions; responding to client requests for proposals (RFPs)
- Collaborating with sales and leadership to secure, retain, and grow accounts
- Creating informative presentations; presenting and delivering information to potential clients at client meetings, industry exhibits, trade shows, and conferences
- Creating and maintaining a list/database of prospect clients; maintaining a database (Salesforce, CRM, Excel, etc.) of prospective client information
- Cold calling; making multiple outbound calls to potential clients; closing sales and working with the client through the closing process
- Meeting all targets for cold, active, inactive calls, appointments, and interviews; meeting or exceeding annual sales goals
- Maintaining a pipeline of all sales administration using CRM software
- Collaborating with management on sales goals, planning, and forecasting; maintaining short- and long-term business development plans
- Establish strong customer relationship by providing accurate and timely information to customers regarding inquiries such as products, pricing, quotes and issues/concerns.
- Conduct market competitive analysis to develop roadmap and sales strategy to secure new business.
- Assist marketing team in development of advertising and promotional programs, telemarketing plans and tradeshows.
- Attending networking activities to research and connect with prospective clients.
- Maintaining meaningful relationships with existing clients to ensure that they are retained.
- Suggesting upgrades or added products and services that may be of interest to clients.
- Crafting business proposals and contracts to draw in more revenue from clients.
- Negotiating with clients to secure the most attractive prices.
- Reviewing clients’ feedback and implementing necessary changes.
- Remaining in tune with trends in consumption to ensure that our offerings remain relevant.
- Communicates with the following internal stakeholders: Business Development Manager,Human Resources Manager,Operations Manager,Medical Director,Staff. External contacts include the following:Clients/ patients;Doctors and their Receptionists;Nursing Service Manager;Health and safety representatives of hospitals;Infection control officer of hospitals;HMOs;Hospital Public Relations Officers.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business administration, or related field.
- Minimum of 2 – 3 years’ extensive sales experience
- Previous experience in an outbound call centre, inside sales experience, or related sales experience
- Knowledge of sales process from initiation to close
- Candidates must possess NYSC discharge Certificate or Exemption letter.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) and CRM/Salesforce experience preferred.
- Familiar with and work on the following computer systems: Meditech, Collaborator, Intranet, Hornbill, Email outlook
- Able to professionally and confidently communicate with C-Level Executives
- Ability to generate revenue by identifying pain points and suggesting suitable products or services.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; the ability to call, connect, and interact with potential customers
- Great networking skills.
- Excellent analytical and time-management skills
- Demonstrated and proven sales results
- Resourceful, with outstanding research skills.
- Persuasive and goal-oriented
- Possesses an energetic, outgoing, and friendly demeanor
- Ability to work independently or as an active member of a team