Job Title: Business Development and Operations Manager
Location: Lagos Nigeria
Industry: Oil and Gas
Our client, an Oil and Gas service company focused on providing diverse services to the oil & gas industry in Nigeria and Africa is looking to hire for the role of Business Development Manager. The Business Development and Operations Manager will drive the growth of the organization by generating new business opportunities, evaluating the current performance of the business and finding new ways to help the business reach its full potential
- Identifies trendsetter ideas by researching industry and related events, publications, and announcements; tracking individual contributors and their accomplishments.
- Locates or proposes potential business deals by contacting potential partners; discovering and exploring opportunities.
- Supervise and actively participate in the bidding process.
- Represent the company in stakeholder and client meetings with the sole goal of winning business opportunities.
- Screens potential business deals by analysing market strategies, deal requirements, potential, and financials; evaluating options; resolving internal priorities; recommending equity investments.
- Develop negotiating strategies and positions by studying integration of new venture with company strategies and operations; examining risks and potentials; estimating partners’ needs and goals.
- Closes new business deals by coordinating requirements; developing and negotiating contracts; integrating contract requirements with business operations.
- Protects the organization’s value and opportunities by keeping information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications, maintaining personal networks and participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances the organization’s reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Marketing or a related field.
- At least 8 years working experience in oil and gas industry
- Must be hardworking, committed and very knowledgeable
- Must be flexible and able to travel
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good with IT , most importantly spreadsheets
- Ability to analyse sales figures and write reports
- Project management skills
- Great organisational skills