Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Main Purpose of the Job
The Bakery Manager is responsible for overseeing all aspects of the company’s bakery operations, ensuring that everything is running smoothly, from the production of baked goods to the sales and marketing.
• Managing inventory of ingredients and supplies to ensure they are available when needed. Ensuring that the bakery is adequately stocked with quality baking ingredients and supplies
• Ensuring that baking tools, utensils, and equipment are properly cleaned, sanitized and maintained.
• Developing and implementing advertising and marketing strategies to attract new customers.
• Creating suitable work schedules for staff members.
• Appraising staff performance and carrying out the necessary disciplinary measures to address poor performance.
• Training staff to produce high-quality bakery items while following proper food handling procedures.
• Inspecting bakery items to ensure that established standards on quality, uniformity, and aesthetic appeal are met.
• Resolving customer complaints in a professional manner.
• Maintain safe working practices in the bakery, kitchen, and warehouse
• Monitor and maintain cleanliness of work area, including food handling and storage, equipment, floors, and walls
• Managing human resources functions such as interviewing new employees and hiring qualified candidates.
• Maintaining accurate financial records.
• Bachelor’s Degree or HND in Culinary Art, Bakery or related field
• Proven experience as a bakery manager or similar role
• Experience in baking, pastry making, and cake decorating
• Sound knowledge of different baking techniques
• Excellent organizational and leadership skills
• Outstanding interpersonal abilities
• The ability to work under pressure.
• Outstanding problem-solving skills.
• Excellent management skills.
• Effective communication skills.
• Exceptional customer service skills