Job Title: Apigee Engineers
Industry: Tech; Telecommunication
Our client, a leading technology solutions provider, is hiring an Apigee Engineer with hands-on industry development experience. Thee Apigee Engineers primary focus will be on the administration of the Apigee platform.
- Functioning as a combination of Application Development Lead and API Architecture Specialist.
- Work closely with business and applications development teams to design and build technology solutions.
- Create logical designs, describe the deployment of the designs on a physical platform, translate logical designs into systems artifacts, recognize alternatives and propose choices throughout the creation of the logical and physical design including methodologies.
- Create new proof of concepts and mentor the development teams on new architectures and technologies.
- Enforcing API specification standards.
- Mentoring the API developers
- Responsible for design of API Gateway configuration
- Review of detailed designs, to ensure appropriate security, scalability, reliability, end user experience, and business reports and analytics
- Developing proof of concepts, as needed
- Code Reviews of the APIs.
- Enhancing and managing the API test tools
- Ensuring that the solution conforms to strategic architecture.
- Working with infrastructure teams to ensure correct setup of servers, load balancers, firewalls, and monitoring across the board.
- Assisting the project team with any technical issues related to API design, performance, and API Gateway
- Assistance with administration of the developer portal (Drupal and HTML5)
- 5+ years of IT/software development experience
- The candidate should hold at least one current Apigee certification
- Proficient in developing APIs in APIGEE edge
- At least 3+ years’ hands on experience in Apigee,API proxy development, API management
- Prior experience with any cloud PaaS would be an advantage.
- Skilled problem solver with the desire and proven ability to create innovative solutions
- Strong communicator who can explain and present concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Experience working in a fast-paced agile environment using Apigee, API Gateway. API design in conjunction with the API development teams.
- Software developer wanting to move into other areas, assuming general exposure to architect/platform/installation aspects.
- A good grasp of HTTP protocols and RESTful interfaces.
- Hardcore Unix and networking skills.
- Familiar with the concepts and configuration of both the cloud and micro-gateway environments. This would include practical experience or exposure to:
- Integration to REST and SOAP interfaces.
- Security policies, especially
- OAuth 2.0
- Traffic Management, including routing and load-balancing
- Exposure to Monetization would be advantageous
- Change management and CI/CD tools