Job Title: Administration and Communications Manager
Job Location: Lekki, Lagos.
Our client, a reputable Montessori School is seeking to hire a Administration and Communications Manager. The candidate will help coordinate the public relations affairs and administrative process of the school.
ESSENTIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Front Office Management
- Generate positive publicity and high profile coverage on social media platforms.
- Content coordination and production supervision of all school content.
- Develop relationships with other Schools, businesses and the community in order to raise the profile of the school in the local area and support recruitment.
- Ensuring all student records are up to date.
- Documenting and filing of student information and application packets.
- Responsible for the continuous accuracy of records in Montessori Compass
- Collaborating with ICT Manager to monitor the usage of MC by the teaching staff.
- Keeping educational team leads informed of “slacking” team members
- Manage media relations and media coverage to strengthen the reputation of the School.
- Update/maintain online School Calendar: internal & external
- Ensure all communications (letters/ emails/ texts) reflect consistently high standards and maintain the School’s branding across all communications.
- Responsible for general Students welfare
- Coordinate parents forum
- School event management
EDUCATION AND TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Marketing, Communications or related field required
- A minimum of three years working experience in Public Relations, Customer/Client Service, Communications, or Marketing with demonstrated experience managing a comprehensive strategic communications program that advances an organizational mission.
- Knowledge and understanding of media, including social media
- Strong project management skills will be key as we have several new and ongoing organizational initiatives.
- Experience in developing marketing plans
- Significant supervisory, managerial, and budgetary responsibility experience.
- An ability to manage projects with two or more stakeholders using a collaborative and professional approach and to operate well under pressure
- Government relations, public relations, and corporate communications experience.
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of the Montessori philosophy and methods of instruction.
- Experience in marketing and communications
- An understanding of media relations and PR
- Experience in managing and using data for marketing purposes
- Experience in using website content management systems, and developing websites from a user perspective
- Ability to develop and run integrated, coordinated marketing campaigns
- Knowledge of Information and Communication Technology and their applications.
- Knowledge of safety standards and policies/measures.
- Knowledge of First Aid measures/procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A willingness to work flexibly as the needs of the role dictates (including weekends and evenings on occasion)
- Good ICT skills (e.g. Word, Access, Excel, PowerPoint), experience in using Content Management Systems and social media.
- Deductive Reasoning & Problem Sensitivity
- Critical Thinking & Social Perceptiveness
- Judgment & decision Making
- Flexibility & Time Management/Sharing
- Stamina & Observation
- Interpersonal Relations & ability to participate as part of a team.