Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Lagos
Our Client, an Interior Design and Architecture firm is seeking to hire a trustworthy candidate in the capacity of an Accountant who will ensure the provision of high-quality financial accounting service that
supports efficient management of the company.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information
- Document financial transactions by entering account information
- Recommend financial actions by analyzing accounting options
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports
- Substantiate financial transactions by auditing documents
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures
- Guide accounting clerical staff by coordinating activities and answering questions
- Reconcile financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information
- Secure financial information by completing database backups
- Verify, allocate, post and reconcile transactions
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results
- Analyze financial information and summarise the financial status
- Provide technical support and advice on management
- Review and recommend modifications to accounting systems and procedures
- Participate in financial standards setting and in the forecast process
- Prepare invoices, financial statements and produce budget according to schedule
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Support month-end and year-end close process
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls
- Communicate effectively with clients
- Contribute to a strong client relationship through positive interactions with client personnel
- Communicate with Manager and/or Director on work status and client issues that arise
- Computing taxes.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field.
- 1 – 3 years experience in a similar role
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles
- ACA or ACCA certified is a plus
- Strong analytical, communication, and computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite).
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant
- Proficient in MS Excel and accounting software
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations and practices in Nigeria.
- Attention to detail
- Budget preparation and monitoring for the entire company and by the department.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
Job Category: Accountancy
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos