Job Title: Accountant (Receivables)
Industry: Oil and Gas
Our client is looking for a skilled Account Receivables (AR) to be responsible for all outstanding payments, resolving all clients billing inquires and reducing accounts receivables delinquencies, you will be required to review account information, correct discrepancies and ensure that all accounts are properly billed and payments are received.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Tracking invoices and resolving accounts issues.
- Perform administrative and clerical tasks, such as data entry, preparing invoices, sending bills reminders, filing paperwork and contacting clients to discuss their accounts.
- Contacting all clients for payment resolution.
- Producing reports as required by management.
- Monitor accounts and incoming payments.
- Resolving payment discrepancies.
- Respond to and resolve all client’s billing issues ad questions.
- Prepare and manage bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger.
- Make sure that all payments are properly posted.
- Assist in preparing financial statements.
- Assist in preparing and detailing accounts receivable status.
- Responsible for monthly billing which includes invoice generation and reconciliation.
- Verify all invoices to ensure the accuracy and completion of billing.
- Posts all customer-related transactions into the accounting system (Oracle ERP)
- Address all clients’ queries in accordance with the standard operating procedure.
- Process Credit Memos for any adjustment such as shortage, price discrepancy, pricing adjustment, uncollectible write-off, or duplicate invoices after approval from management
- Document all processes for standard and abnormality of the monthly billing
- Prepare monthly reports.
- Responsible for preparing the checklist of billing
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a related field
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in a similar role
- Must have worked in a Manufacturing or FMCG industry
- Experience with Oracle ERP or equivalent is an added advantage
Skills and Competencies
- Accounting Practices
- Possess a good understanding of basic accounting principles. Ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures
- Analytical skills
- Ability to interpret financial data, make sound decisions and work independently.
- High level of accuracy, efficiency and accountability
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven math skills
- Self-motivated and collaborative
- Ability to build relationships with clients and internal departments
- Ability to generate and write reports for record-keeping
- Proficient in excel including working with formulas