Our client, an oil and gas service company, is hiring an Accountant (Payables) to be responsible for overseeing and managing all project billing processes from start to finish. The successful candidate will be expected to process all project invoices received for payment and to pay all clients accurately, efficiently, and on time.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Practice effective monitoring to ensure payments are made to vendors in a timely manner.
- Review, and verification of invoices and payment requests.
- Maintaining confidentiality of organizational information.
- Reconciling Account Payable transactions, including bank statements.
- Preparing analysis and monitoring all accounts to ensure current and up-to-date payments.
- Researching and resolving any invoice discrepancies or other issues.
- Entering and uploading all invoices into the Account Payable (AP) system.
- Tracking all expenses and processing expense reports.
- Entering and uploading invoices into the Account Payable system (NetSuite).
- Protect the organization against unintentional overpayment.
- Maintain meticulous records of outstanding payables.
- Paying vendors by scheduling paychecks and ensuring payment is received for outstanding credit; generally responding to all vendor enquiries regarding finance.
- Preparing and producing monthly reports.
- Continuing to improve the payment process.
- Keeping track of all payments and expenditures, including payroll, purchase orders, invoices, statements, etc.
- Reconciling processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances.
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients.
- Assist in month-end closing activities.
- Verify discrepancies and resolve clients’ billing issues.
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status.
- Process accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or Business management
- Minimum of 4 years of expertise in the field
- Experience with Oracle ERP or its equivalent is an added advantage.
Skills & Competencies
|Organizational Skills||Ability to multitask and manage time efficiently to complete all necessary tasks.|
|Analytical Skills||Ability to interpret financial data, make sound decisions and work independently.|
|Problem-solving skills||Ability to identify and solve problems quickly and efficiently e.g unexpected issues such as incorrect invoices or missed deadlines.|
|Data entry skills||Strong data entry skills along with a knack for numbers.|
|Proficient in Microsoft Excel||Excel knowledge including working with formulas.|
|Accounting Practices||Solid Understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting payable principles.|
|General math skills||Comfortable with math and calculations|
|Budget creation and finance management skills|
|Ability to generate and write reports for record-keeping and presentations.|
|Good Listening and communication skills|
|Attention to details|
Job Category: Finance
Job Type: Full Time
Job Location: Lagos victoria Island