Job Title: Accountant
Job Location: Ikoyi
Salary: N130-150k gross
The Accountant is responsible for running the accounting and financial activities of the business.
- Maintain accurate Company’s Account Details.
- Preparation and presentation of Monthly Income Statements, Balance Sheet and Cash Flow Statements.
- Monthly bank account reconciliation
- Creating and processing invoices
- Cross-checking invoices with payments and expenses to ensure accuracy
- Knowledge of Financial data analysis and Tax Management
- Ensuring that Companies’ Income Taxes and VAT are paid on time
- Manage financial control, prepare and analyze budgets, develop financial reports and forecast, and make recommendations to the business on budget expenditures
- Developing and maintaining financial models to support long-range planning needs of the business.
- Keeping informed about current legislation relating to finance and accounting.
- Maintain digital and physical financial records
- Record and report any anomalies, unexplained transactions to the branch head.
- Preparation and Auditing of audit files including statutory accounts in accordance with legal requirements.
- Assisting with the preparation of year-end accounts and statutory accounts
- Responding to financial inquiries by gathering and interpreting data
- Complete special projects as needed and other duties assigned
- Graduate of Accounting or relevant field.
- Applicants should have 2 years of cognate working experience.
- Certification from any of the relevant professional bodies is an advantage.
- Proven working experience with demonstrable skills and success in achieving targets.
- Book keeping Skills
- Taxation Management
- Auditing Skills
- Presentable and smart.
- Excellent communication & interpersonal skills at all levels and demonstrate a high level of initiative.
- Adept computer skills and proficiency using programs like ERP and Microsoft Excel
- Strong verbal and written communication skills to interact regularly with clients regarding sensitive topics like billing and payments
- Excellent organization skills for maintaining clear, accurate and meticulous financial records for a company
- Attention to detail for ensuring the accuracy of a company’s records and invoices
- Time-management skills
- Detail oriented and able to take ownership of assigned tasks.
- Integrity and Trustworthiness