Job Role: Finance/Cost Control Executive
Location: Victoria Island, Lagos
Industry: Oil and Gas
Our client, an oil and gas servicing company is looking to hire for an Finance/cost control executive who will implement appropriate accounting policies, and, ensure proper cost control, financial performance, and compliance with required standards. The ideal candidate will review and monitor company financial routine expenditure based on the existing
policy by making comparisons over the budget that has been created with the actual costs incurred to minimize the cost of variants. He/She will keep up-to-date account records and provide adequate support within the finance department
- Prepare, manage and control budgets effectively.
- Administer all accounts and budgets for various departments and prepare Finance and budget report drafts for Finance Manager.
- Prepare various monthly financial reports and submit it to Finance Manager for sign off (i.e Bank Analysis, Receivables and Payables reports).
- Provide solutions to the strategic issues facing the organization and recommend sustainable growth strategies in an effective cost control manner.
- Use budgets to make effective decisions to ensure growth, maintain profitability and reduce risk.
- Understand project appraisal and make better use of cost budgets, plans and forecasts
- Development of modern approaches to costing, planning, budgeting and budgetary control.
- Analyze the Financial Management performance.
- Develop a set of transferable skills which will improve the cost planning and help the company to increase profit, improve cash flow whilst minimizing cost and risk
- Collaborate with accounting and finance team and prepare operational and strategic financial reports with implications on a monthly basis.
- Collate and prepare monthly PAYE, VAT and WHT tax schedules; and ensure the remittance as at when due.
- Maintain records of all Financial data and evaluate it for process improvement
- Administer all accounting functions for acquisition and integration processes
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or a related field is required
- Must either hold an accounting certificate or be in active process of getting one
- Experience in a public accounting or business firm is a plus
- A minimum of 4+ years relevant and quality experience
- Familiarity with general software such as Microsoft office
- Good organisation and problem-solving skills.
- Analyzing financial documents and making
- recommendations based on financial acumen
- Strong record keeping skills Ability to use Bookkeeping software to perform basic bookkeeping tasks
- Familiarity with general software such as
- Microsoft office.