Job Title: Finance Manager
Industry: Oil and Gas
The Finance Manager will effectively manage and distribute the approved financial resources
of the company. He/she is responsible for the overall budget planning and implementation.
He/she will support the executive management team by offering insights and financial advice
that will allow them to make the best business decisions for the company’s growth and
- Guide the accounting department in all accounting, financial and administrative disciplines and ensures accounting excellence, high productivity, and satisfaction in full specifications
- Define, optimize and implement standard accounting processes in cooperation with CFO
- Ensure timely, accurate and justified accounts
- Monitor performance on accounting excellence and initiate corrective measures
- Prepare financial statements in line with FIRS
- Monitor cash flow, receivables, and payables
- Be the first point of contact for LIRS and FIRS related questions and audits
- Ensure close monitoring of the monthly overhead budget
- Ensure accounting excellence within area of responsibility
- Ensure appropriate staffing and training in conjunction with Human Resources
- Ensure the correct and full use of accounting enabling applications
- Ensure and provide timely responses to customer, vendor, colleagues’ generated emails or other documents/communication
- Ensure regular daily, weekly and monthly reporting to management
- Manage staff under his/her responsibility and tasks as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance related discipline.
- Minimum of 7 years experience preferably at Senior level in the Oil and Gas sector.
- Proven experience in working with LIRS/FIRS and external auditors.
- Technology Savvy
- Proficient with the use of ERP
- Have a vast understanding of finance policies and procedures
- Have knowledge of accounting systems, software, and practices
- Strong project management skills
- Have a good knowledge of Sage
- Ability to plan, prioritize, assign, and control
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Should have excellent presentation skills
- Great negotiation skills